Satellite TV Installer / Technician|
See World has been selling and installing satellites in Western Pennsylvania for over 25 years. The company started out selling and installing C-Band dishes and as the satellite industry changed so did we. We have installed C-band, Prime Star, DirecTV, and Dish Network.
Currently we are Dish Network’s regional service provider (RSP) in this area. We have been their RSP for over 15 years and started selling their products when they first came out. Out of the 14 RSPs in the country we are always in the top 3 across scoring in the areas they look at. We strive to be #1.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Satellite TV Installer / Technician spearheads the installation, as well as assists with testing and repairing equipment that receives digital signals for residential customers by performing the following duties:
- Uses problem-solving and technical skills to install satellite dishes and related equipment
- Evaluates job site to assess optimal placement of satellite dish and communicates with customers to review the installation process
- Troubleshoots systems to determine the appropriate resolution for reported problems with usage
- Provides customer education regarding system usage
- Manages the administrative processes including van inventory and appropriate documentation
- Ensures that the highest quality of service is provided to promote superior customer satisfaction
- Adheres to safety guidelines and requirements
Our ideal Satellite Technician is not only someone who can work technically in the field completing installations and service calls, but can also enhance the customer experience with products and services. Technicians are expected to identify the best entertainment and technology solutions for customers. Technicians are required to sell in each customer’s home that they visit and can earn commissions based on the products and services that are successfully sold.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and the ability to learn and perform required duties. Working knowledge of satellite/television installation services preferred, but not required. A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record is required. A background check and drug test will be preformed as part of pre-employment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends, and will be compensated for overtime
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Must also be able to write simple correspondence, effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Employees must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- May occasionally be required to lift up to 125 pounds
- Must be comfortable working in small spaces and/or various heights
- Employees must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and will be required to climb ladders in a safe manner
- Employees, including any tools or equipment that are carried, must be able to remain within the weight requirements of 350-pounds
We are a Drug Free Workplace
- We provide paid training, vans, tools and uniforms
- Simple IRA Plan
- Opportunity for a level of responsibility that could take years to reach in other companies
See World is an Equal Opportunity Employer